Bentley Support Note
Bentley-V8i Software Anwendungen werden am 1. Juni 2020 in den eingestellten Support gesetzt
What do I need to be aware of?
- everyone who still uses software up to V8i SS4 is affected.
- The phasing out or discontinuation of support for V8i licensing currently only means that you will not receive any answers to support questions from the Bentley hotline from 1.7.2020 onwards.
- An exception may be made for all accounts that have demonstrated significant progress in migrating to Connect licensing by June 30, 2020. Hotline support will then be maintained until 31.12.2020.
- However, the use of the V8i licenses is currently guaranteed until 31.12.2020.
- However, the use of V8i SS4 or older is only possible until 31.12.2020 at the latest, after which your software licenses are secured and can only be used with the new versions and the new Connect licensing. The only possibility to still use the older versions after that is to use them as a computer-bound single-user license.
- Connect is only the name of the current version series whose use is part of your maintenance contract.
- In case of an emergency you can always contact the VenturisIT hotline first, we will support you.
- For a transitional period, it may be advisable to install an intermediate step during the update by updating to the V8iSS10 as soon as possible, since this version already runs with Connect licensing and your support status remains secure. However, please note that this may depend on the applications you use or the drawing specifications of your customers.
- Licensing at Connect is no longer done via the activation key/server name combination, but via a user-related login, consisting of a combination of the user's email address and personal password.
For complete information on the procedure, see: